2016-17 EVENING LECTURE SERIES
Thursday, March 16, 2017
Pythons & Florida
Ian Bartoszek, biologist at the Conservancy of Southwest Florida, will share what he's learned from three challenging years of research on the pythons of Collier County and possible paths forward for residents and land managers. Ian is shown here with a small clutch of python eggs that he locates as part of his research.
Gather at the python exhibit for an informal mixer from 6 to 7 p.m. followed by his presentation and Q&A in the Safari Canyon open-air theater until 8 p.m. Please dress comfortably for this evening outdoors. RSVP TODAY.
Cost: General Public: $10 (pay at door) | Naples Zoo Members: Free
Many thanks to SOME OF OUR RECENT inspirational speakers:
- Dr. Julian Fennessy, Co-Founder, Giraffe Conservation Foundation, Namibia
- Dr. Luke Dollar, National Geographic Explorer, Big Cats Initiative
- Dr. Amy Dickman, Director, Ruaha Carnivore Project in Tanzania
- Dr. Liz Braun de Torrez, Researcher, University of Florida
- Dr. Luke Hunter, President and Chief Conservation Officer, Panthera
- John Leary, Executive Director, Trees for the Future
- David Shindle, Florida Panther Coordinator, US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Dan Strechay, US Representative for the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil